Most Frequently Asked Questions for
1. Can I pay in installments? What if I have a scholarship? In most cases rent for Fall semester is due on August 1st. It is due on December 1st for Spring semester. Students can pay in installments if they and their parents live in the State of Utah and if their parents sign a guaranty and credit card authorization agreement for the rent. There is a $50 per semester charge for those paying in installments. Those that pay with installments are required to pay 1/3rd of the semester's rent plus the $50 per semester charge for those paying in installments on August 1st for Fall semester or move in date, which ever comes first, 1/3rd on September 1st, and 1/3rd on August 1st. For Spring semester 1/3rd of the semester's rent plus the $50 per semester charge is due Dec 1st, 1/3 January 1st, and the balance is due on Feb 1st. For those with scholarships or financial aid covering rent we realize most scholarships or financial aid packages are not funded until about a month into the semester. In such cases you need your parents to sign a guaranty and credit card authorization agreement (for scholarships and financial aid this is ok even for out of state students but not for students who live outside of the United States) and you need to provide written confirmation from Snow College of the scholarship or financial aid. Once this information is given then those with scholarships or financial aid pay as follows: Fall semester: 1/3rd of the semester's rent is due on August 1st or upon move-in whichever comes first and the balance is due one month from the first day of Fall Semester or the day the scholarship or financial aid is received which ever comes first. Spring semester: 1/3 of the semester's rent is due on December 1st and the balance is due one month from the beginning of Spring semester or the day the scholarship or financial aid is received which ever comes first. If your scholarship or financial aid is not here within 30 days from the start of the semester, or if we cannot confirm with the school that it will be here soon thereafter, then we treat you like a student paying “monthly” (see above) until the scholarship funds arrive to pay the balance of your rent. We do not add a surcharge for payments made with debit cards, checks, or cash. For credit card payments there will be a 2.25% surcharge added.
2. Do I have to sign a two-semester contract? Generally yes, unless you come only for Spring Semester which starts in January. If you come for Spring Semester only you may sign a one semester contract. We do allow a limited number of one semester contracts for Fall semester but you are required to pay an extra $200.00 rent and you must pay it all up front -- no monthly payments.
3. Are utilities included?
4. Does my deposit go towards my rent? No. The deposit is used as security for any damages caused or cleaning that is not taken care of at the end of the lease. A non-refundable sum of $75.00 is deducted for carpet cleaning, window cleaning, and touch up painting which is done each year after the students leave. The rest of the deposit, less unpaid amounts under the lease, damages, and cleaning fees, if any, will be mailed back to you.
5. Can we use nail, tacks or sticky tape on the walls? You may use small nail and tacks but no sticky tape. We patch the holes and touch up paint each year. If you use large nails, use sticky tape, or go crazy with nail holes we will make the repairs and deduct the cost from your deposit. Sticky tape should never be used, as it is very expensive to repair.
6. Is there assigned parking? There is not assigned parking. There is plenty of parking (one space per student plus plenty of guests parking). You will be issued a parking sticker at a cost of $5.00. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed or booted after hours.
7. How big are the
apartments? How many bathrooms and
bedrooms are there?
8. What do I need to bring? What furniture and appliances come with each apartment? What size are the beds? All apartments are fully furnished. The front rooms have a couch and love seat. The kitchens have nice oak, mapel, or or cherry wood upgraded cabinets. Some kitchens have bars with stools and some have tables with chairs. Each apartment has all standard appliances including a dishwasher, microwave oven, oven with range top, and refrigerators. In addition, 32 of the 3 bedroom apartments, and many of the new private 6 bedroom apartments have washers and dryers. The bed rooms have standard twin size beds, with a computer desk with a chair, dresser, nightstand (in 3 bedroom units), and are wired for phone, cable TV, and high speed internet. You will need to bring kitchen dishes, pots and pans, utensils, etc. You will also need to bring your own sheets, blankets, pillows and personal items. You do not need to bring a shower curtain as all of our tub/showers and showers have doors. There is no telephone or TV. Most students bring a television and use cell phones. You can contract with the local phone company for a phone—each bedroom and kitchen is wired for a phone.
9. What is the Internet like? We have a fiber optic connection with 200 megs of bandwidth and an increasing capacity distributed to all the apartments wirelessly. We have a consumer grade wireless access points in every building that operate with a cloud based controller built by Ruckus wireless.
10. Do I have to be a college student to live there? Yes, you have to be an enrolled Snow College Student.
11. Can I bring my bike? Yes, we don’t allow bikes to be stored in the apartments we have bike racks outside the apartments.
12. Are pets allowed? No, not even fish. Don't test this rule. If you get caught with a dog, cat, or other pet everyone in the apartment will lose their deposit unless it is reported by a roommate. We had a student sneak a dog in on time and we replaced most of the carpet.
13. Can I bring my own bed and dresser? Residents may not replace any furniture or beds without permission and if permission is granted we will charge $25 per semester to move and store our furniture. Please don't ask unless there is a medical need.
14. Can I use the hot tubs and tanning beds? Yes. The outdoor hot tub is free but there is a charge for the tanning beds (less than half of what a tanning salon would charge). In 2010 we took out the outdoor hot tub that was standard size and put in a new one that holds 30 to 35 people! It is like a small swimming pool it is so large.
15. I will be there for orientation or at some other time; can I come and see the apartments? Yes just drop by the clubhouse during normal office hours (M-F 9:30 am to 4:30 pm and 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm) or call and make an appointment with the manager. We can accomodate you on Saturdays but be sure to call as the clubhouse hours are shorter on Saturday. The manager’s Phone is 1-435-283-6143 or e-mail from this web site to set up an appointment.
16. How many students to an apartment? Each apartment can accommodate six students. Some apartments may have less if a person rents a shared room for him/herself.
17. What do you do to make
18. What is the surrounding area like? Manti,
20. When will the roommate assignments be made? Can you reserve a specific room for me? We generally don’t reserve specific rooms—although we do make exceptions. Rooms are generally on a first come first serve basis. Roommate assignments sent out in late July by email. In that email you will receive a lot of information including the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of your roommates.
21. What is the move-in date? Can I move in early? You can move in two days before the first day of school without an additional charge. You can generally move in anytime after August 10th or before that date if you make arrangements. If you move in prior to two days before school starts you pay a prorated daily rental rate. Prorated daily rent is easy to calculate. Just take your semester rent and divide it by 122. For example, if you come 5 days before the start of school then you are charged 3 days early rent on a prorated basis. For example, if your rent is $1,270.00 for the semester, then your prorated rent is $1,270/122=$10.41 per day for each early day. Remember room assignments in each unit are on a first come first serve basis.
22. What is in the clubhouse? Our 5,800 square foot clubhouse is the nicest
student housing clubhouse we know of
in the western
23. What are the grounds like? In addition to the Clubhouse and both hot
tubs, we have a basketball court with 2 standards, a twelve foot fence around
it, and night lighting. A beautifully
landscaped Park with a pavilion which seats 100 persons and two large covered
charcoal grills. We also have one gas
grill that students can use for $1.00.
The park has a fenced sand volley ball court (with night lighting), lots
of trees and grass, and a beautiful rocked stream with two 5 foot
waterfalls. There are also several other
outdoor barbeque grills around the site for student use. There are bike racks next to each
apartment. There is not another apartment site in Ephraim or in
25. What is your overnight guest policy? No overnight guests are allowed without permission. Generally permission will only be given for parents visiting from out of town. Guests must be out of the apartment by 12:00 midnight, except on Friday and Saturday nights when they must leave by 1:30 a.m.